September 30, 2018 Comments Off on Advanced SoapUI Training Agenda at SmartBear Connect 2018
I’m looking forward to presenting a series of eight advanced SoapUI API testing talks at the upcoming SmartBear Connect conference in Boston on October 29. Here’s what I’ll be covering:
- Determining if your API is behaving properly requires examining the contents of the responses it returns. This session will showcase some of SoapUI’s most powerful message evaluation assertions.
- Automating your API tests means avoiding hard-coded, rigid message response evaluations. This session will teach you how you can apply flexibility when examining what your APIs return.
- Using XPath expressions in your SoapUI assertions offer tremendous productivity enhancements versus writing Groovy code. This session will show you how to create powerful and flexible XPath.
- Many applications incorporate multiple APIs. In this session, you’ll learn how to use the SoapUI data sources that enable feeding the output of one API to subsequent API calls.
- It’s important to use diverse data when testing your APIs. SoapUI includes robust data generation features, which we’ll explore in this session.
- Testing APIs means coping with ever-changing endpoints, security credentials, database connections, and so on. As you’ll learn in this session, SoapUI’s environments greatly simplify this vital responsibility.
- API testing responsibilities are often shared among multiple people. In this session, you’ll see how easy it is to utilize composite projects and Git to boost your teamwork.
- SmartBear continues to significantly improve SoapUI’s integration with the entire software development pipeline. This session will highlight just one example by demonstrating how to link your API testing efforts with Jenkins’ continuous integration/continuous delivery features.
April 30, 2018 Comments Off on Advanced SoapUI Pro training at SmartBear Connect!
SmartBear has just announced its second annual user conference, to be held in Boston on October 29 & 30. Training will be a big part of this year’s agenda. If you’re interested in strengthening your SoapUI Pro skills, you’ll want to stay tuned to this blog for more details about a whole day of hands-on advanced training that we’re planning to deliver.
November 30, 2015 Comments Off on New training course for API performance testing using LoadUI NG Pro
As a longtime user, trainer, and consultant for SmartBear’s excellent SoapUI API functional testing software, I’m happy to announce the availability of a new companion course dedicated to mission-critical API performance testing using LoadUI NG Pro.
LoadUI NG Pro is one of the four components that comprise the superb Ready! API platform (the others are SoapUI NG Pro, Secure Pro, and ServiceV Pro), and I believe it has the potential to revolutionize how businesses ensure that their APIs are production-ready.
The hands-on class – which is offered either as a private Webinar or private onsite delivery, and can be paired with site-specific consulting – covers a wide variety of essential subjects:
- Ready! API Platform & LoadUI NG Pro Architecture
- Load Testing Concepts & Best Practices
- Designing and Developing a Load Test
- Running a Load Test
- Analyzing Results
If you’d like to get a detailed syllabus and learn more about the course, please email me and I’ll put you in touch with SmartBear.
November 3, 2015 Comments Off on Data-Driven API testing Webinar recording now available
October 15, 2015 Comments Off on Presenting a Data-driven API Testing Webinar with SmartBear on October 28
As long as computers are incapable of interacting telepathically, APIs will continue to serve as the predominant approach for cross-system communication over the Internet.
Alas, comprehensive API testing continues to occupy a distressingly low position on the software development To Do list. This is a shame, because there are some fantastic technologies and associated best practices that make it possible to quickly, easily, and thoroughly evaluate APIs for reliability, accuracy, and performance.
Since data-driven probes are some of the most effective techniques to determine if an API is ready for production, Paul Bruce from SmartBear and I will be presenting a technically-focused Webinar on how to employ winning data-oriented strategies in your testing.
To register for the Webinar, click here.
June 10, 2014 § 1 Comment
I’m happy to announce the availability of on-demand training for SoapUI Pro, along with a comprehensive certification exam. This extensive, self-paced training course gives you all the tools you need to get the most from SoapUI Pro. After you’ve learned about SoapUI Pro’s far-reaching architecture, you’ll discover how to put SoapUI Pro’s features to work to build powerful unit, functional, and security tests.
The class is composed of 3 ½ hours of lectures along with dozens of straightforward, easy-to-understand examples and demonstrations. More than 150 questions will measure your comprehension of the materials, and thus prepare you for the optional SoapUI Pro certification exam.
Here’s a link to the class syllabus; below is a small class sample.
If you’d like to learn more and register, click here.
Mission-Critical Service Testing Fundamental #4: “Get The Most Productivity From Your Developers and Testers” Webinar is now available
October 29, 2013 § 1 Comment
The fourth installment of my seven part series on service testing best practices is now up on the SmartBear blog. This time, I describe how important it is to make sure that your development and testing teams are working well together. The Webinar is available here.
If you’re interested in being notified of future editions, subscribe to the blog or follow me on Twitter: @RD_Schneider.