June 24, 2013 Comments Off on ‘Optimizing your Database Portfolio’ webcast is now available
I recently hosted a webcast for SAP that explored some of the many changes that are taking place in the database arena.
From the abstract:
In the last five years, the world of databases has become more dynamic and exciting than ever before- which has also made things more confusing than ever. How can you ensure you are developing the right information management strategy?
Find the answer by tuning into this in-depth webcast hosted by technology consultant and author, Robert D. Schneider. Topics covered include:
- Why the relational database management system (RDBMS) is still essential
- The rise of extreme online transaction processing (XOLTP)
- Bigger data volumes and new information categories
- And how to proceed
You can find the Webcast here
January 19, 2013 § 1 Comment
I really enjoyed my SAP/Ziff Davis presentation the other day. If you didn’t get to see it live, you can view it at your convenience here
January 9, 2013 Comments Off on Upcoming Webinar with SAP on January 16: Exploring the Database Forest
Along with Neil McGovern from SAP, I’ll be presenting a Webinar hosted by Ziff Davis on January 16 at 10 am PT/1 pm ET. Here’s what we’ll be covering:
Today’s database technology landscape is more dymanic than ever before. With growing data volume, data types and data uses, many organizations are using an array of specialized information management technologies to manage their data, as opposed to relying on a single relational database management (RDBMS) platform.
Join Robert Schneider, technology consultant and author and Neil McGovern, senior director, Solutions Marketing, SAP, for an in-depth discussion on how to optimize data management technologies in your organization. During this one-hour Webcast, you’ll learn:
- How the latest trends in information management are affecting IT organizations
- Why a ‘one size fits all’ database no longer makes sense
- How integrated solutions such as the SAP Real Time Data Platform can provide a logical, unified approach to data management
You can register for this free event here.