April 9, 2013 § 3 Comments
Software services – whether SOAP, RESTful, JMS or otherwise, are incredibly important enterprise technology assets that form the foundation of many vital systems and applications. This means that any functionality or performance problems with these services will heavily disrupt your operations.
This makes the job of testing these services more important than ever, yet many enterprises don’t devote the appropriate amount of time, effort, and people to this task. And even when they do, they often don’t follow any kind of formalized testing methodology to help ensure repeatable success.
In this series of Webinars published on the SmartBear blog, I present my take on a set of best practices that you can follow to ensure that your services are production-ready. They include:
- Thoroughly Test Your Services
- Test Using Large Amounts of Realistic Data
- Make Sure Your Services Are Secure
- Get the Most Productivity from Your Developers and Testers
- Fully Track Your Test Results
- Test Your Services Under Anticipated Loads
- Make Sure You Govern Your Services
Here’s a link to the introductory Webinar.